Thursday, November 5, 2009

Website Launch

Today I launched the website for the Kioku Project: Portraits of Japanese-American Internees. The initial site contains photographs and brief information about four amazing people who I've met through the Japanese-American Museum of San Jose: Roy Matsuzaki, Joe Yasutake, Arturo Shibayama, and Jimi Yamaichi.

Thanks to the generous help of everyone who introduced me to these people, and especially to the people who have shared their stories and time with me. I've already planned the next two people who I will photograph and include in this website. I also have plans to add some audio recordings where you can hear some of the people talk about their stories with internment.

If you have any comments or thoughts about this project, please feel free to contact me at andyfrazer [at] gorillasites [dot] com.

No comments:

Post a Comment